From: Majid Hussain <mhussaincov93@...>
To: main <main@ultralightdx.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Oct 4, 2019 7:33 am
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Group Stats / Future Plans

hi there,
i'm a newbie to the list, i'm a lerker!
hows about radio reviews?
example the tecson pl310et?
and how good they are in regards to dxing?
note, the pl310et was an example, it's my fav radio!
it's the best i've got so far.
love the am filters on it!
I hope this is of some help!
thanks for letting me on this wonderful list! :) :)
Majid

On 04/10/2019, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I love seeing and hearing about other people's loggings, results and
adventures, I was hoping to see more of this. If conditions improve I
would
love to see us get some challenges happening. I know the SOTA crowd are
running some monthly challenges in 2020.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 6:26 PM blumu via Groups.Io <blumu=
btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Paul an all :  this is probably to be expected. Most of the
possible DX catches will have been logged; there will
be few transmitters left which have not yet been heard.
This might change when sunspots allow, of course.

Not all of us will have a high-spec FSL, or be able
to travel to oceansidse sweet-spots.

One aspect which would merit ongoing exchanges
is building variants of all shapes, weights and
sizes of the FSL,  perhaps including versions
for 160m which would enhance listening to
ham traffic amidst otherwise swamping QRM.

Comments?

Michael UK

On 03/10/2019 06:23, Paul Blundell wrote:
Hi all.

Over the past few years I have been keeping some stats on the group,
as
can be seen in the link below.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5_5JtXlNybI/XZWEJYTYEGI/AAAAAAAAK8g/5i7NwxlGAO4h_UcaqvxTt91CpyRa0HBIwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/GroupStats_October2019JPG.JPG

What I would love to see is the group to return to the previous
activity
levels of the past with some robust discussions going on, the sharing
of
loggings, DXing adventures, photos of these and more interaction. Are
we
all to a "comfortable" level where we are just going along or can we
do
something to fire ourselves and the hobby back up?

--
Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX

kind regards,