Re: Tecsun PL-380 Vs. XHDATA D-808

Paul Blundell

If you can, build a FSL, it will change your DXing life....

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 2:25 PM Les Rayburn <les@...> wrote:
Gary & The Group

During last week’s DX Test, I had an opportunity to do an impromptu “shoot-out” between the Tecsun PL-380 (modified by Gary himself to include the FSL antenna) and a stock XHDATA D-808.

To my surprise, I found them to be roughly equal with perhaps a slight edge to the XHDATA D-808.

This makes me wonder if I should attempt to transfer the FSL from the PL-380 to the XHDATA D-808 to make the ultimate portable?

Or perhaps someone would suggest an alternative plan…you’re the experts and I bow to the wisdom of the masters. Thanks again!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy Modified], Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1X, Ray Dees RDS Decoders, Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX