Re: Oklahoma TP DX 9-19-19

Peter Laws

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 8:57 AM Richard Allen via Groups.Io
<dx747j@...> wrote:

747 JOIB poor signal // JOUB at 1146-1147.
etc, etc

near Perry OK USA.
Ordinarily, I delete TA/TP reports unseen (but don't demand they be
moved to a separate list!) except for Richard's. This is because I
feel like I owe him. I've only met him once, nearly 10 years ago, at
the big OKC train show (not radio show). Somehow we got on to talking
about radios and he regaled me with stories of Ultralight exploits,
specifically TP reception. I ended up getting a PL-606 not long
afterwards. It's taken a while to get back into it for real, but now
I'm taking every opportunity to scan the AM bands, at least for the
usual DX (if not TP/TA stuff) and I joined IRCA last year (and I
joined WTFDA, too, 'cause I like FM DX).

It's not *all* his fault - I've been a ham for ~30 years and was into
scanning and CBs before that and was a MW-DXer when I was a kid (even
if I didn't know what it was called) but he dragged me back in to this
end of the hobby. So I read his reports. :-)

Peter
Norman, OK USA