Re: Long Term Ultralight DXing Project - 18/09/2019

Paul Blundell

Thanks Gary, it was a real thrill this morning to get a few of those stations at such good signal levels.

I head down the North West coast every few weeks for work, If I can arrange it I will try to get away a bit early one day to have some more time, as it was I hit road works this morning so it was good I didn't extend my session any longer.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 3:27 PM Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Paul,

Congratulations on your exciting receptions with the 3" FSL antenna at Devonport Bluff on the northwest coast of Tasmania.

That location would really be ideal for long range DXing around sunrise or sunset, especially now that the old 558-7BU has switched to FM. If you could set up around local sunset you should have a good chance of receiving 558-Fiji (native language and island music) and around local sunrise you would have a good chance at 558-6WA in Wagin, Western Australia (ABC format like 594-3WV, but with a possible time delay).

All of those stations have enough signal strength to make it across the Pacific to our Rockwork Cliff DXpedition site on the Oregon state coast-- in fact 558-6WA and Radio Fiji One occasionally fight it out on frequency, such as on an 8" FSL antenna on August 22, 2017 at "Oz Hill" in Lincoln City, Oregon  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/s61prkhip2d6f3y32qz84b9wdq4xf9ey

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX