Re: SPMcGreevy "OFSL" (open FSL) loop test-results and photos

Sudipta Ghose VU2UT

Thank you guys for the nice input. I am from VU Land and am planning for one Indian ocean island dxped in February 2020. I have collected a small horde of ferrite rods and other hardware for construction of two to three of Gary's FSLs. But I must get the suitable Litz wire rolls and air dielectric variable capacitors. Can you guys kindly help me by pointing to sources for these materials? So far as air dielectric variable capacitors are concerned, I have in my collection ganged capacitors from AM Radios or large transmitting capacitors with suitable values. But they will increase the luggage weight. Hence, I would like to have single section air dielectric variable capacitors instead.
Thanks once again and kind regards,
73 de Sudipta VU2UT.

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 5:29 AM kevin asato via Groups.Io <kc6pob=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
All that remains is to water proof the radio and the listener and you can listen in whatever weather Hawaii happens to present you with! I have in the past spent a lot of time on Oahu near the Pali Mountain range with its 4pm downpour where a weather proof radio would be a plus.
73,
kevin
kc6pob

--