Re: 3 Inch FSL Tecsun PL-380 Model

Paul Blundell

Thanks for the information and follow up post on this.

I have also made the same mistake when fixing mine of gluing both sections together. Mine will be used until it dies.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 7:49 AM Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
For those interested in the resolution of this problem, Jerry's 3 inch FSL PL-380 model was received here yesterday, but it was not repairable. There were several issues, but the deal breaker was the orange antenna frame being glued across both the front and back cabinet sections (contrary to the article's instructions at http://www.mediafire.com/file/w0gcek56f6aq7kr/3_Inch_FSL_Tecsun_PL.doc/file
so the PL-380 could not be opened up for servicing. When "supercharging" any Ultralight, avoid the temptation to do this!

Fortunately I had enough spare PL-380 parts and 250/46 Litz wire on hand to take the 8 Russian 100mm bars and build a new 3 inch FSL Pl-380 model for Jerry, as in the attached photo with the old model. (Sorry that I can't do this for others).

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX