Building a 3" Baby FSL

jbarbre52@...

I am interested in building a 3" Baby FSL antenna and have a few questions.
I just ordered 24 ferrite rods, but they are 8mm x 140mm, slightly longer than the ones Gary used. What impact, if any, will that have on the final product? Can I use a hack saw to shorten them? Is that even necessary?
What kind of material separates the rods from the PVC pipe and how thick is it? What kind of material separates the Litz wire from the rods? How is the Litz wire connected to the variable capacitor? (Any extra resistors or capacitors involved? Where on the variable capacitor do the wires connect?)
Thanks for the info.
73
Jim Barbre
KB7YSY