Re: New Design 3 Inch Baby FSL Antenna Demo Video

Gord Seifert

   Hi Gary,  I have been following this 'Baby FSL' thread for a while and have seen that you have found a 384p variable that works very well for you. I have also noticed that there seem to be a couple of different, but very similar, 384p, 8:1 drive, variables. One is about three times the price of the other at $63US (near $100 Canadian). That makes me wonder what it is about that one that makes it perform better for you. Is it simply the 8:1 drive, or is it something else? I can't see how that beautiful machined looking frame would change it's performance much. Have you tried the $20 version at Mikes Electronics? I will likely build one myself, but at about $100 US ($130 CDN) for 100 feet of litz wire (enough for three Baby FSLs, but it seems to be the only way to buy it), another $100 CDN for the ferrite rods (3 x 10 rods plus shipping and CDN conversion), another $100 for the capacitor is stretching it on a retirement income. Heck, the PL-310et was peanuts in comparison! Looks like a great little antenna though.

  Regards,
  Gord

  Chilliwack, BC