Re: New Design 3 Inch Baby FSL Antenna Demo Video

Gary DeBock

<<<   Thanks to a suggestion by Steve R., I recently picked up a couple of these to swap out the original part on my 7" FSL.
https://www.mikeselectronicparts.com/product/384pf-air-variable-capacitor-with-81-planetary-reduction-drive/
They "look" almost identical to the part Gary calls out above, but are considerably less costly. Mounting hole are the same and specification, including the reduction drive seem the same.
Anyone care to take a look at let me know if my assessment is sound?    >>>

Phil,

Those are the exact same "384P" variable caps as sold by Orem Elliott Products, who is the OEM manufacturer (as far as I know).

BTW I got this source from Steve R. originally. He is as much an expert on portable antenna experimentation as anybody on the planet, and probably knows more than yours truly about tracking down hard to find components.

73, Gary