Re: New Design 3 Inch Baby FSL Antenna Demo Video

Patrick Barthelow

Hello Mike, and others. Here is a picture on this sunny day in California of a sample of Variable caps I have, mostly were transmitter type, but many cover the range of 300 or so pf.  Don't know if the different construction, beefier, etc, lend any gain advantages in a MF tuned circuit antenna...

Best, 73,   Pat Barthelow AA6EG
apolloeme@...

"The most exciting phrase to hear in Science, the one that heralds
new discoveries,  is not "Eureka, I have found it!"    but:

"That's funny..."  ----Isaac Asimov

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 1:33 PM blumu via Groups.Io <blumu=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Ah, good point, Patrick
Perchance we need to crowdfund an FSL Shipping Line..
Problem : dodgy smugglers might wish to piggyback...

The variable capacitor should be less tricky:-
- any airspaced from an ancient (sic) "wireless set"
- any airspaced from current suppliers - not always cheap...
- avoid extracted cheapos with plastic-film separators
   often "noisy"  and lossy.

Michael UK

On 20/06/2019 21:07, Patrick Barthelow wrote:
> ... Looking for suppliers for the
> russian variety of ferrite, used, including the one of special shape
> that avoids the "sticks of dynamite" visual look, that gives pause to
> shippers
> I am very interested in knowing any variable
> capacitor characteristics that assist in maximum signal.
> Best, 73,   Pat Barthelow AA6EG

---