Re: New Design 3 Inch Baby FSL Antenna Demo Video

C B

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the great video and for the redesigned "Baby FSL". I can attest to it's usefulness having had the pleasure to have and use an earlier iteration at Kalaloch(my first TSA Friendly FSL)!. Thanks for your ongoing work on significantly enhancing the DX results of Ultralights:-) I will now resume chomping at the bit for a week at Rockworks! BTW, I look forward to your lecture on FSLs at the IRCA Convention, as I will be in attendance.

73,

Craig Barnes
Wheat Ridge, CO

On Thursday, June 20, 2019, 12:54:58 AM MDT, Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary@...> wrote:

The new 3 inch (76mm) Baby FSL antenna is the smallest, most compact and lightweight "airport friendly" FSL ever constructed here, but it packs a pretty mean inductive coupling punch due to a newly upgraded "384P" variable capacitor (as well as the most sensitive 1162/46 Litz wire coil).

This afternoon in summer-like daytime DXing conditions a YouTube demonstration video receiving 1070-CFAX in Victoria, BC (10 kW at 99 miles) was recorded, where an S2-S3 fringe signal on a CC Skywave SSB model was boosted up to a S9++ overload level by the Baby FSL, bringing in news of a sudden power failure by BC Hydro on the west shore of Victoria (possibly not related to the FSL's huge signal power boost)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZtYli09mTg

This new-design Baby FSL antenna will feature prominently in an "innovative ferrite antenna" lecture at the IRCA Convention in September, which will also feature "Supercharged" Ultralights and monster, "airport unfriendly" FSL's. See you there!

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)