Re: Hong Kong 7.5 inch Loopstick European, African and Middle East DX

Tony Magon

Yes having Yum Cha - with relatives that you have not seen for a while can take up plenty of time

Tony VK2IC

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 9:24 AM Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Steve,

<<<    Interesting as usual, but seems you ran out of luck with these locations:

https://www.timeout.com/hong-kong/attractions/best-hong-kong-beaches   >>>

Thanks very much for the link, Steve (which I could have used while in HK).

Part of the challenge for me while in Hong Kong was to convince my wife of the necessity of DXing around salt water, rather than to spend 90% of the day talking with family and friends in famous teahouses. You would think that with the call sign of KC7BAR (General Class) she would at least have some appreciation of the priority of long range DX.

By the way, we were married in Hong Kong under the Union Jack (1990), and we were certainly not the only ones in Hong Kong missing the previous British administration.

73, Gary