Re: For Sale

Rémy Friess

You can get rid of the soft mute.

Tune to an empty SW channel.

Press VF to make sure you are not in memory mode.

Press VF again until it starts scanning.

Stop the scan with the tuning thumbwheel by tuning downwards.

The background noise becomes louder. You are done.

However, if you switch the set off and on again the muting is active again and you have to go through the whole process again.

BTW this works with the PL310 as well.

73, Rémy.

Le 01/04/2019 05:13, gordrstaples a écrit :

Is the pl380 still available?  If so what year was it manufactured?  The newer ones have annoying soft mute. 2014 on.
Also what is your location?
Gord

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019, 10:05 PM Joe Lanoue <joe.lanoue@...> wrote:
Looking for a new home for my Sony SRF-615, Grundig G8, and Tecsun PL-380.  All in excellent (i.e. new) condition.  I never got around to using them. The prices are as follows:

Sony SRF-615        $75
Grundig G8             $100
Tecsun PL-380        $25

Or, $165 for all three.