Re: Radiwow R-108 "Warranty"

Peter Laws

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 8:09 AM Rémy Friess <rfriess@...> wrote:
I entirely agree with you and I feel the DX-community should boycott Chinese products altogether.
You need to be very specific about what you mean here. I don't know
for certain but if you mean "boycott radios manufactured in China"
then you will be boycotting all (nearly all?) radios since China
manufactures all (or nearly all) radios.

C. Crane designs its radios in the USA but they still contract out the
manufacturing to Chinese companies ... companies that then pirate the
designs because Chinese culture has a completely different idea of
property rights than the USA does (and than most Western democracies
do).

It's a problem and I don't disagree with your premise it's just that
you have to define your terms carefully.

Also, what about Tecsun? Where are they based? Are they stealing
designs or doing it themselves? I quite like my PL-606.