Re: Radiwow R-108 and XHDATA D-808 Loopsticks

Rémy Friess

> Remy, I'm not sure that you understood the original post.
> There are no technical innovations in the D-808 model.
>
> These were all in the development of C.Crane's Skywave SSB model, [...]

OK. Thanks for the clarification.

I have never used or even seen a C.Crane radio but still, if the D-808 is a copy of the C.Crane and judging from it, “technical innovations” doesn't seem to mean improvement. I find the D-808 rather poor on SSB, especially when used in ECSSB mode, compared to its performance in AM, and compared to other receivers, like the SONYs for instance or the Tecsun PL-660.

But mine is an early model, maybe they have improved since.

73, Rémy.