Re: Radiwow R-108 and XHDATA D-808 Loopsticks

Chris Black <n1cp@...>

This is Chris, new to the group. I like my D-808, especially after Gary souped it up!

Regarding SSB, when I first clicked the button, it showed LSB. Not sure how I did it but now it only shows USB?
Anyway, after selecting SSB, the audio reacts as expected when you narrow the bandwidth so the passband is presumably now the upper half of the frequency. Moving the fine tuning wheel up increments by +1 with the audio getting increasingly muddy. Question: are we still in the passband or is this affecting the RF frequency? (Full disclosure, I am not the most technical bear in the woods, I refer to myself as an Extra Class Appliance Operator)
When you get to +99 you get a pronounced HET. Continuing to move the wheel up begins to decrement the numbers with the typical BFO/zero beat sound until you gat back to the starting point.
Any enlightening on how this thing thinks is most appreciated.
Best de Chris, n1cp
Kirkland WA

On Mar 12, 2019, at 2:08 PM, Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary@...> wrote:

<<<   What do you mean exactly? What "technical innovations"?
I find the D-808 a very good receiver, but I don't know of any technical innovations.
73, Rémy.   >>>

Remy, I'm not sure that you understood the original post. There are no technical innovations in the D-808 model.

These were all in the development of C.Crane's Skywave SSB model, for which the Fortuna, California company undoubtedly used a lot of research and development money to design and build a decent SSB reception system that would fit inside a very compact, Ultralight-sized cabinet. The Chinese company simply copied the innovative SSB design in their D-808 model.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)