Re: My not-so-supercharged PL-380

Max Italy

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. I was just curious to know what is the advantage on having an higher inductance because i suspected that 430 uH was closed to the high limit.

Also, it would be interesting to have the specifications of length, diameter and geometry of the original ferrite bars on these radios to see if it can be just slided out and replaced with a longer one for those that do not want to get involved in winding a new coil. I wouldn't mind drilling a small hole on the top of the radio to follow a short path instead of entering with the wires from an exisiting hole.