Re: Radiwow R-108 Vs. Tecsun PL-380

jerry popiel

Thanks for your comments Max.

Many of the Tecsun Ultralite Radios I have previously purchased - PL - 380, PL - 360 & PL - 398BT (Bluetooth) Radios -  All have a Intelligent Charging Function. These Radios use 3  - UM3 AA Rechargeable batteries - probably Nih batteries. My R6 / 1.2 Volt QN1000M AA Rechargeables were supplied by Tecsun for free with the Radio purchases. They don’t send them out anymore, but they are / were  available for purchase from Tecsun. Those Tecsun Radios ALL have a 5V External Adapter that uses a USB Plug to Charge the AA Rechargeable Batteries with them Inserted In The Radio!  In fact I have been using and Charging my FSL equipped PL - 380 with the AA Rechargeables for the past 10 years. And the AA’s do not have to be removed from the radio to be recharged. The newer Tecsun PL - 880 which uses the 18650 battery is a $290.00 CDN Funds radio but not too sure it would be considered an Ultralite due to it’s larger size.

"The except explains all and you will see that new Tecsun models in the future will use 18650 or flat lithium batteries":
Please note the recently released new Tecsun PL - 680 Radio uses 4 - AA Batteries & also has a smart charging system. I agree that there are many Radios that do use the 5V lithium Battery Pack you mention, but are all new Radios going in this direction? I guess time will tell.

Thanks
Jerry

On Feb 27, 2019, at 3:25 AM, Max Italy <max2013@...> wrote:

Jerry, i have read you comment only now
"nearly every digital Tecsun radio generally uses AA batteries (except for their most expensive ones)"
The except explains all and you will see that new Tecsun models in the future will use 18650 or flat lithium batteries, remember what Max the idiot told you :D
The only reason why they have not switched to lithium batteries yet is just because they save money not supplying anymore the AA batteries that are widely available but now that more people consider the lithium battery a good buying point they will.