Re: Radiwow R-108 Vs. Tecsun PL-380

Paul Blundell

Thanks for the information. I will be buying one of these very soon. It will be interesting to see how it works against the AR1733.

Paul

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 11:10 PM Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

The Radiwow R-108 is a new, very compact Chinese-made AM-FM-LW-SW-AIR Ultralight radio which has recently become available to North American purchasers on eBay (such as this listing at $49.98, including free shipping  https://www.ebay.com/itm/RADIWOW-R-108-Radio-Digital-AM-FM-Portable-Stereo-LW-SW-AIR-DSP-World-Receiver/173793532305?hash=item2876e6d991:g:esMAAOSw1YRcZTng:rk:1:pf:0

I have placed an order for a couple of them, and plan to test it out against its obvious completion, the Tecsun PL-380. The capabilities of the two pocket radios seem very similar, although the R-108 has an AIR band, which the PL-380 lacks.

In the meantime one of our Japanese DXer friends (Fumiaki Minematsu, an NHK engineer who was one of the group who welcomed Nick to Japan) has already made such a detailed comparison of the R-108 and PL-380, posting it in his blog with multiple photos at  https://eureka-fumi.blogspot.com/2019/02/comparison-of-radiwow-r-108-and-tecsun.html?fbclid=IwAR0DWj-RWGtgaUBfRYjH6AMEXmfIGLB7vZODyah0_NJ2gJ_nlvhLXAxTDhw

With basic English translation included, it should provide interesting information to those who might consider a purchase.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX