Re: 7.5 inch Amidon Loopstick Vs. 200mm R40C1 Loopstick

Vimal

Please keep up the good work Gary :)

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 5:16 AM Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Vimal,

<<<    My two Cents...
I have listened to all four recordings,
and though noise floor seems to me as equal,but voice appears to be a bit better in last 15 seconds,i.e. with Ni-Zn ferrite.
Vimal Oberoi
Bikaner
Rajasthan,India   >>>

Thanks for your assessment, Vimal.

Your comments are very close to my own judgement. Both loopsticks provide a huge boost in sensitivity compared to the stock XHDATA loopstick, but the new Nickel-Zinc 200mm rod loopstick does have a slight edge in S/N ratio over the Amidon loopstick. Despite this, the performance of the two loopsticks is so close that it would be a mistake to replace an Amidon loopstick with a R40C1 loopstick, and I plan to continue using both types of loopsticks in ocean beach transoceanic DXing (including trying for India, after receiving 657-AIR, 927-AIR and 954-AIR in Hawaii and the Cook islands last year :-)

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)