Re: Airband Radio on Ultralight Radios

Emily Keene

I use the Skywave radios from CCrane and an HXDATA D-808 to scan the air band. I live across the bay from NYC and hear huge amounts of air traffic with these receivers. I got the tiny little HanRongDa HRD-737 and it scans the air band as well. It isn't as powerful as the larger receivers, but it definitely scans the air band, and receives adequately. My nephew is a pilot and flight instructor, so I am particularly interested in this band. I was always sad that the Grundig G6 didn't scan the air frequencies. The ones I mentioned definitely do.