Re: Airband Radio on Ultralight Radios

Paul Blundell

Thanks for the information Dan, this radio is on my list to purchase when my funds allow :)

Does it "scan" the airband at all? That is one thing I do miss. I have a 30 year old scanner at home that does a good job but would love something more portable. I have owned most scanners that have come out over the years at one time or another so know them well.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 9:45 PM Dan Merta <dnmerta0@...> wrote:
My Digitech AR-1780 has airband and it seems to work quite well. I'm not far from a training airport in Melb Sth East called Moorabbin airport so it picks up those freqs well. The ATS is 120.9000MHz runway left 118.1000MHz, runway right 123.0000MHz & ground is 119.9000MHz
I can also pick up Melbourne International airport. (Tullamarine) Esp Melbourne radar on 132.0000MHz
For airband listening I use a Uniden ubcd396xt scanner with a VHF 2 meter ham band antenna which enables me to hear all the Melbourne air traffic.
https://uniden.com.au/product/ubcd396xt/

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX