From: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io> on behalf of Todd via Groups.Io <toddemslie@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 5:57:20 PM
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Reliable but reasonably priced sources of ferrite for FSLs?-FARMERIK

Not yet, Russ. But adding additional (temporary switchable) capacitance to my 40 inch box loop would offer the following advantages:

1. Lower frequency coverage for long wave AITS stations, etc.

2. Lower circuit Q which corresponds to decreased muffled audio towards the bottom end of the MW band.

I assume higher loop or FSL Q selectivity response is obtained with higher inductance, lower capacitance, and lower coil wire resistance.

Regards,

Todd.