Re: Reliable but reasonably priced sources of ferrite for FSLs?-FARMERIK

lamontcranston17

there is another characteristic, I haven't found any information on.
That would be, how permeability affects the FSL.
I see R40C1 material has a ui of 40 vs 400 for the material
used in Gary's initial testing.
 I would like to see a shootout of identical size FSL's
that use the two different 40 vs 400 ui materials.

Hi Gary,
I'm poking at you!
You have the smaller FSL's to use in a comparison test.
The crystal radio guys love this material because of the
high Q's they get with it.

Maybe mkmak222 would give you a deal on enough ferrites to build a
small FSL to do the test, if R40C1 proved better, it would be great for
his sales.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NiZn-Ferrite-Rod-R40C1-200x10mm-for-High-Q-Amateur-Crystal-Radio-Coils-AM-SW/151884949745?hash=item235d0c68f1:g:3QMAAOSwNSxU-kHM
                             Mikek