Re: R​e: November 2018 Hawaii Ultralight DXpedition-- 15 Page Article

Will <will_k53@...>

Hi All,

I recall (correctly?)  that Chris Trask ( http://www.home.earthlink.net/~christrask/) had a broadband(?) preamp design that used a ferrite rod with a lot of turns so that when put in parallel with the inductor in a tuned circuit it had little effect.

Cheers,

Will

Just checked

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~christrask/Active%20Ferrite%20Rod%20Antenna.pdf

On 5/02/19 10:39 AM, Will Kimber wrote:

Hi All,

I recall (correctly?)  that Chris Trask ( http://www.home.earthlink.net/~christrask/) had a broadband(?) preamp design that used a ferrite rod with a lot of turns so that when put in parallel with the inductor in a tuned circuit it had little effect.

Cheers,

Will

Just checked

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~christrask/Active%20Ferrite%20Rod%20Antenna.pdf

On 5/02/19 9:29 AM, Rik wrote:
Just a wild idea from some one who does not understand the theory. What if you contra wound and connected in parelell a number of coils on a FSL core to provide a much lower uH than you could resonate with a cap? For example my SONY HD table radio came with a tiny air core loop which measures around 10 uH. - FARMERIK