From: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io> on behalf of Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary@...>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 4:53:41 PM
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io
Subject: [UltralightDX] Yahoo Group's Ultimate Fate

For the information of all, the Ultralightdx Yahoo group has been "put on ice," but we cannot "pull the plug." Yahoo requires an "Owner" to delete a group, and unfortunately our "Owner" (John) hasn't been with us for 8 years. We have two "Moderators" (Rob and yours truly) who have arranged the settings so that nobody can join, post messages or files without our permission (which will never be given!), so there is no chance that "parallel groups" will compete with each other.

As such, the Ultralight Radio Yahoo group joins a distinguished list of other Yahoo radio-related groups who have moved to Groups.io, but whose Yahoo groups remains in "suspended animation." These include ndblist, odxa, loopantennas and no doubt many others. Yahoo may soon assume the status of a radio group museum.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)