Re: Air loop vs Ferrite loop

Michael <michael.setaazul@...>

Agreed, Steve.
A longer butt-glued tuned ferrite is better than a short one.
But extending it further makes it unwieldy and accident-prone -
and brings no further audible improvement.

A tuned frame aerial delivers vintage excellence, the bigger the better.

Of course, an FSL enables bitcoin-winners to wipe the floor with the rest of us!

Michael UK

On Samstag.05.01.19 05:04, STEVE ratzlaffsteve@gmail.com [ultralightdx] wrote:
Purely my own opinion and not based on direct comparison tests, but I'd say a square loop of 8-10 inches might give equivalent results to a 200 mm long ferrite rod. I'm assuming both loops are tuned with a capacitor, not untuned loops.
On 1/4/2019 9:19 PM, max2006@email.it [ultralightdx] wrote:

Hi, i have a question, what is the size that i should consider for a square air loop made with standard wire to give the same result of a ferrite antenna size 200x10mm?