Re: Hot-Rodded SSB Travel Portables-- Fight to the Finish (of the MW Band)

Rik

Nice to 'speak' to you again Gary. So the 'D-808 on you tube had been modified. Glad I did not buy one. I am up to four PK tuned loops, and recently bought the compact version of the W6LPV amplified broadband loop. The amplified loops have quite narrow patterns off the rounded sides which is great for hearing more than one station per MW frequency.

 For the GP-5 SSB I use a few turns wound on the tiny ferrite antenna for coupling to other antennas.

Isn't DXing with modest radios and great antennas fun!

-FARMERIK