Subject: [ultralightdx] Digest Number 3260
To: ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, November 20, 2017, 8:12 PM

10th Anniversary Congratulations to the ULTRALIGHT DX Group

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:48 pm(PST) Posted by: vo1_001_swl

Hello To All,

Ten years ago I was approached by our late friend and great
radio DXer , John Bryant who had noticed my posting of
radio logs on a group site and who had asked me to share
some station logs which I heard using a recently received
birthday gift, a brand new Sony SRF-M37V Ultralight radio.

For yours truly this was the start of my exploits in
"Ultralight radio DXing ".

Given my great DXing location, it was the perfect
opportunity to find out just what could be heard on these
mighty "mini-receiver s" .

It definitely was an added unique nitch to something that I
had been doing for the past 40 years at that time.

Recently hearing Alaska and China from here in Newfoundland
using an ultralight radio really demonstrates that there are
no boundaries to what can be heard with them.

The past ten years of being involved with the Ultralight
radio community has not only brought added personal
satisfaction to a hobby that I have enjoyed for several
decades but also good friendships and comradery along the
way, as well as helping others discover the excitement and
thrill of Ultralight Radio DXing.

My Thanks to Gary DeBock , Robert Ross and others for
getting me involved in the group , it has been a wonderful
journey and I look forward to many more years of
involvement ahead in this fascinating niche to a great hobby.

Congratulations on the 10th Anniversary to the Founders and
all members of the ULTRALIGHT DX Group

Allen Willie

Carbonear, Newfoundland