Subject: [ultralightdx] Digest Number 3246
To: ultralightdx@...
Date: Friday, October 27, 2017, 9:05 PM

Ultralight DX

Group

4
Messages

Digest #3246

1a

Ultralight Wordwide 10 kW DX Distance Record--
531-6DL

by
dxergary

1b

Re: Ultralight Wordwide 10 kW DX Distance
Record-- 531-6DL

by
"Robert Ross"
ve3jfc

1c

Re: Ultralight Wordwide 10 kW DX Distance
Record-- 531-6DL

by
"keith beesley"
keith1226

1d

Re: Ultralight Wordwide 10 kW DX Distance
Record-- 531-6DL

by
dxergary

Messages

1a

Ultralight Wordwide 10 kW DX Distance Record--
531-6DL

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:47 pm (PDT)
. Posted by:

dxergary

During last August's Rockwork 4 DXpedition Tom
Rothlisberger and I were both lucky enough to receive a
couple of Western Australian stations on August 4th,
including AFL football play-by-play at a good level on
531-6DL (// 594) on a modified CC Skywave and 15 inch FSL
antenna at 1222 UTC

https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/2ms23dtebe7zvl6v0mynhxhjmcqinbs8
We also both received 558-6WA on the same morning, and on
August 5th.

As Tom mentioned on his excellent Rockwork 4 DXpedition page
(with the aerial photo taken by his drone, far above the
DXing site at http://www.qsl.net/k7wv/RockworkDX4.htm

), the ABC network has exclusive rights to broadcast the AFL
games. 6DL is also the only ABC network station on the
frequency. So at least until Gary Deacon of South Africa or
Tony King of NZ checks in with a new list of US receptions
:-) the reception of the 10 kW 531-6DL in Dalwallinu,
Australia from the ocean cliff site near Manzanita, Oregon
appears to be the longest Ultralight radio worldwide
reception at that power level since records have been kept
(9,050 miles or 14,564 km). Records are made to be broken,
however, so I'm waiting for an email from Gary or Tony
:-)

73 and Good DX,

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Reply to sender

.

Reply to group

.

.

All Messages (4)

.

Top ^

1b

Re: Ultralight Wordwide 10 kW DX Distance Record--
531-6DL

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:03 pm
(PDT) . Posted by:

"Robert Ross" ve3jfc

On 2017-10-26, at 10:47 PM, D1028Gary@... [ultralightdx]
wrote:

> During last August's Rockwork 4 DXpedition Tom
Rothlisberger and I were both lucky enough to receive a
couple of Western Australian stations on August 4th,
including AFL football play-by-play at a good level on
531-6DL (// 594) on a modified CC Skywave and 15 inch FSL
antenna at 1222 UTC

https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/2ms23dtebe7zvl6v0mynhxhjmcqinbs8
We also both received 558-6WA on the same morning, and on
August 5th.

> As Tom mentioned on his excellent Rockwork 4 DXpedition
page (with the aerial photo taken by his drone, far above
the DXing site at http://www.qsl.net/k7wv/RockworkDX4.htm

> ), the ABC network has exclusive rights to broadcast
the AFL games. 6DL is also the only ABC network station on
the frequency. So at least until Gary Deacon of South Africa
or Tony King of NZ checks in with a new list of US
receptions :-) the reception of the 10 kW 531-6DL in
Dalwallinu, Australia from the ocean cliff site near
Manzanita, Oregon appears to be the longest Ultralight radio
worldwide reception at that power level since records have
been kept (9,050 miles or 14,564 km). Records are made to be
broken, however, so I'm waiting for an email from Gary
or Tony :-)

> 73 and Good DX,

> Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Congratulations Gary………If it was pouring Rain and
Windy, you should be allowed to add another 100 Miles on
that for a Bonus!!!

Amazing Stuff…..who would have ever imagined where this
ULR phenomenom was going to end up way back in 2008!!

Your Hard Work , out on the cliff has really paid
off…….

73….ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross

London, Ontario CANADA

Reply to sender

.

Reply to group

.

.

All Messages (4)

.

Top ^

1c

Re: Ultralight Wordwide 10 kW DX Distance Record--
531-6DL

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:42 am (PDT)
. Posted by:

"keith beesley" keith1226

Congratulations, Gary and Tom!

Keith BeesleySeattle WA USA

Reply to sender

.

Reply to group

.

.

All Messages (4)

.

Top ^

1d

Re: Ultralight Wordwide 10 kW DX Distance Record--
531-6DL

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:45 pm (PDT)
. Posted by:

dxergary

Hi Rob,

<<< Congratulations Gary………If it
was pouring Rain and Windy, you should be allowed to add
another 100 Miles on that for a Bonus!!! >>>

Actually the weather was so great that we felt like a bunch
of slackers this year, Rob. Perfect weather, great DU-DX,
and not even a single argument with the "sleeping
squatters" over who owns the real estate!

<<< Amazing Stuff…..who would have ever
imagined where this ULR phenomenom was going to end up way
back in 2008!! >>>

Yes, John B. would be absolutely amazed at what we have
accomplished-- you, Allen and Richard all having received
well over 1,000 stations on Ultralights, the FSL antenna
revolution and related ocean cliff propagation discoveries,
even routine ocean cliff DXpeditions where Ultralight + FSL
combos work together with Perseus + Broadband combos to
assist each other... wow!

I think we've only begun to scratch the surface on the
ocean coast geometric "hot spot" propagation
enhancement possibilities, though-- not to mention the
potential of the "Frequent Flyer" FSL's to
greatly enhance long-range travel DXing, the breakthrough
cooperation with the Japanese DXers in joint DXpeditions,
Ultralight modification and FSL development, as well as the
spread of the Ultralight radio DXing interest worldwide .
The future belongs to those who are excited about it!

<<< Your Hard Work , out on the cliff has really
paid off...

Nah, the hard work was done by you, Allen and Colin in the
beginning to get us off of the ground! Without a fanatic in
London, Ontario receiving 300 stations in 30 days on an
SRF-59, a Newfoundland DXer running wild in transoceanic DX
with his SRF-M37V and SRF-39FP, and an innovative Victoria
web site manager devoting serious resources to the
Ultralight radio boom 10 years ago, we would never have
gotten off of the ground. I'll save you all a nice spot
on the rainy, windy cliff!!

Visit Your Group

New Members
2