Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 2-11

bbwrwy

Gary:

I'm happy to see such an arrangement improves reception. In the past I've thought about trying it myself. With recent TP signal propagation I need a boost!

Good DX.

Richard Allen.
On Feb 12, 2017, at 00:50, d1028gary@... wrote:

Early morning antenna testing coincided with moderately good TP-DX conditions from 1300-1400 UTC this morning (in predawn darkness). 594, 747, 972 and 1575 were managing fair to good signals, while 1566-HLAZ was peaking at very good levels.

For kicks I phased the gain boost (on 1566-HLAZ's Japanese service at 1321 UTC) from two 5 inch "Frequent Flyer" FSL's onto a 7.5" loopstick CC Skywave model, and ended up with somewhat of a "Frankenstein" boost in gain (S3 without any FSL boost, S5 with one FSL, and S9+ with both FSL's). A photo of this grand extravaganza is posted at https://app.box.com/s/avl1jvccrkjjqrqie387c0hpw5qenx9w , and an MP3 of the huge signal (with weak accompaniment from the NK jammer) is linked below.

1566 HLAZ Jeju, S. Korea Japanese service at 1321 after double gain boost from two 5 inch "Frequent Flyer" FSL's
https://app.box.com/s/sk2pnmobcl37kmp0fkqlmatokslet072

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

believed to be clean.