Re: Large Backyard MW Antennas

Russ Edmunds

But one could always go to a beachfront motel, rent a room, and put up antennas on the beach, run cable in and DX in comfort.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NW Phila
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@...>

AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (4) barefoot w/whip
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 4);
modified Sony ICF2010's (3) w/APS9B @ 15';
modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 10:59 AM, winston376@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

Todd,

I suppose that what you are asking (or proposing?)  is whether a home QTH with large high performance antenna(s) and otherwise outstanding RX performance should be used as a early warning system as a precursor for running down to the beach with smaller antenna(s) and poor performance portable receivers??

My thoughts are  that I would prefer to be at my home QTH drinking my wine and eating warm quiche in my easy chair rather than crouching on a cold and wet bench at the beach with the wind blowing sand in my bologna sandwich.

Let me know if I've misinterpreted your post.
Alex