Re: Large Backyard MW Antennas

Alex P

Todd,

I suppose that what you are asking (or proposing?)  is whether a home QTH with large high performance antenna(s) and otherwise outstanding RX performance should be used as a early warning system as a precursor for running down to the beach with smaller antenna(s) and poor performance portable receivers??

My thoughts are  that I would prefer to be at my home QTH drinking my wine and eating warm quiche in my easy chair rather than crouching on a cold and wet bench at the beach with the wind blowing sand in my bologna sandwich.

Let me know if I've misinterpreted your post.
Alex