Re: New file uploaded to ultralightdx

Jordan Dobrikin <jjdobrikin@...>

Hi

For those of you who have hands on experience I would like to hear your opinion(s) on modifying the radio

It is clear that work has to be done with a/the antenna to get full potential.

My first thought is a little longer, more robust cable/wire connection to the original ferrite loop.

Second thought(s) are to fabricate a loop with additional and original ferrite.

Third thought is to put a jack in the radio to accept one of the T shaped Loops by Tecsun and others, possible problem with this is that it may not move the ferrite far enough from the Radio.

Fourth is to build a super loop on a frame that moves the ferrite(s) further away from the Radio.
73 de Jordan ve7jjd

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 8:37 PM, ferrite61@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

You're welcome, you did the heavy lifting first.

I tried locating the stock ferrite bar very close/on the case. My quick experiment indicated not good. The closer it got the worse the RX.

Regards
Paul S. in CT FN31nl

--
73 Jordan VE7JJD