Re: Sermon on 1610 kHz at 0805 UTC

MarkWA1ION

Anguilla is my guess. This has been parallel to 690 MW and 6090 SW
in the past if that's any help. You could also try GlobalTuners web
receivers in Florida where I'm sure it comes in S9-plus.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION - Billerica, MA

Hello Guys,

Heard clearly on a new C.Crane SWP Slider unit here was a male-
voiced sermon last night after 0800 UTC on 1610 kHz, dominant over
the mix of the TIS stations from Yakima, WA (WSDOT) and eastern
Oregon (NOAA weather). The male-voiced preacher spoke American
English, to deliver what seemed like a fundamental-type sermon.

I know that Pete Taylor and others have mentioned religious
music on 1610 kHz recently, but not sermons. Any ideas would be
appreciated!

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

(C.Crane SWP Slider: 7.5" Amidon ferrite bar with 40/44 Litz
wire sliding coil; CFJ455K5 narrow filter)