531-More FM and Kiwi English Translation

Gary DeBock

File review after the fact uncovered the very rare 2 kW New Zealand station 531-More FM in Alexandria received at 1227 on 7-6 during our Rockwork 4 DXpedition, but the Kiwi English accent is so thick that it's hopeless for me to decipher. The "More FM" ID is at 5 seconds into the recording, in a phrase that sounds to me like, "Welcome time to More FM's blood..."  He then apparently starts talking about the Better Business Bureau, or something like that. Strangely enough, 531-PI was absent from the frequency almost the entire morning. This was received on a 7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight and 15" FSL antenna

73, Gary DeBock (back in Puyallup, WA, USA)