Re: 2" FSL Tecsun PL-380 TP-DX for 3-25 (Preliminary)

jerry popiel

Gary, wow, thanks a lot for your generous package offer to Winnipeg for the 2” FSL construction. I would be thrilled to have a go at this new FSL, - one item I have been trying to locate is hunting down the proper diameter of that blue spaghetti (heat shrink) wire from the inside of the Tecsun PL-380 to the Coil. If you have a piece to spare that would be great. Also I can reimburse you for any additional parts I will need, and for postage here to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Please let me know.

Jerry

On Mar 25, 2016, at 10:58 PM, D1028Gary@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

Hi Jerry,

<<<     Gary, nice compact Antenna. Is that the 250/46 Litz Wire and how many turns for the 5 - 100 mm Bar unit? Does it have the 1/2"PVC inside the Funnoodle?   >>>

This new 2" FSL model has no Funnoodle, but simply uses a couple of Oatey foam turns around the 1/2" outer diameter PVC pipe. I've attached a design photo with this email.

After completion of the related construction article (about a week off), I do plan to send another package to Winnipeg with all the parts that you still need to make the model. Based on your successful completion of the 3" FSL Tecsun PL-380 model, I think that it will be  breeze for you-- and this tiny model is a real DXing thriller.

73, Gary

Gary, nice compact Antenna. Is that the 250/46 Litz Wire and how many turns for the 5 - 100 mm Bar unit? Does it have the 1/2"PVC inside the Funnoodle?

Thanks
Jerry

<2016FSLantennas-135M (Medium).jpg>