Re: 2 Stations Rec'd over 1000 + Miles Distance In a Snowstorm with 3" FSL

Neil Kazaross

Jerry your site is for driving distances! Type in Winnipeg Canada at my site and it will give you proper distances as the crow flies.

73 KAZ

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:13 PM, jerry popiel jerry.popiel55@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

KAZ, thanks for your comments, I tried your distance calculator and here is what I got:  Sorry, our database doesn't contain any places named "winnipeg,manitoba Canada”.

If you go to www.distancefrom.com you will find that the distance from my location here in - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada to Nashville, Tennessee, USA is: 2127 Kilometres or 1370 miles. From Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada to Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA is: 2382 Kilometres or 1480 miles. In any event I think we are splitting hairs here, the distances from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada to Both USA cities is well over 1000 miles as stated in the Topic.

Bottom line is Gary DeBock's new 3”FSL Antenna design attached to the Tecsun PL-380 radio is in fact an AM DXing powerhouse!

Thanks
Jerry

On Mar 18, 2016, at 12:08 PM, Neil Kazaross neilkaz58@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

A snowstorm should have no effect on AM radio signals as their waves lengths are very long in comparison to snow.

Your distances are quite miscalculated.

I recommend this site for accurate distances.  http://indo.com/distance/

Or use and input your home coordinates. http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/

73 KAZ

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:26 AM, jerry popiel jerry.popiel55@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

Guys here are the pictures from the 2 stations Rec’d last night at over 1000 + miles.

Jerry