Re: Thai Score

Gary DeBock

<<<  I am in the process of gathering materials to build the 3 " FSL antenna, I am just wondering where you can buy the Oatey 4x4 foam closet spacers?    >>>

The Oatey 4" foam spacer material is sold at Home Depot stores within the USA, and is located in the plumbing section of such stores. It is extremely cheap, with a full roll of the material (good enough for 2 or 3 antenna jobs) costing just over $1.

Because this material is so cheap and because it is actually quite important for proper FSL coil sensitivity, substitutions are not recommended. Already one DXer did a very good job in constructing his 3" FSL PL-380 model but used a different type of foam, and ended up with seriously reduced MW sensitivity as a result. If someone is unable to track this material down and seriously wants to build the model, I'm very willing to send an Oatey foam pack for the cost of postage. 

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

-----Original Message-----
To: ultralightdx
Sent: Fri, Mar 4, 2016 7:22 am
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: Thai Score

Gary,

I am in the process of gathering materials to build the 3 " FSL antenna, I am just wondering where you can buy the Oatey 4x4 foam closet spacers?

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.