Re: Thai Score

David Henry

Hi Gary,

Great stuff!!

Just to add that I had a surprise visit from this station on 28 February 2016 at 22:31 UTC here in Aberdeen, Scotland. I have been testing my new SANGEAN DT-250 and I was sitting on a very busy 1575 kHz in the late evening when suddenly in the midst of the mayhem came the familiar VOA 'Yankee Doodle' sig tune, followed by the VOA voice ID in English. A new programme then started in an UNID language and then quickly faded down never to return. I was assuming it would have been from the Sao Thome transmitter, but Allen Willie pointed out that on 1575 it is from Thailand! Pretty amazing for barefoot!

So far, I am really liking the DT-250. Selectivity could be better, but it is streets ahead of my SONY SRF T-615 in that respect and it has given me a heap more pest-free channels.

Cheers,
David Henry
Aberdeen, Scotland.