Re: Longwave ULR DXing for Euro-Broadcasters

Michael <michael.setaazul@...>

162 France Inter, 183 Europe 1, 234 Radio Luxembourg are the
stronger stations still broadcasting in French. BBC Radio 4
on 198 is worth a try. At UTC night-time it broadcasts the
BBC World Service. If you use a frequency listing, make sure
it is up-to-date as some stations have closed down, notably
Germany on 153, 177 and 207kHz.

The front-end sensitivity of the 7600 is lower - not least
because it is untuned. I am not familiar with the GP-5, but
would assume the same.

Michael

On 19.02.16 02:31, farmerik@... [ultralightdx] wrote:
Tonight I am hearing a station on 162 KHz. There has been two men taking
turns talking in an unhurried fashion, [unlike domestic AM] and now
there is a song with a male singer and piano. I think it is French
language. This nights radio is a PL-310ET coupled to my 500 foot BOG
with a C.Crane ferrite unit sold with the CC amplified MW antenna.

I can't find any listen able LW station on the GP-5/SSB or the SONY
ICF-SW7600GR plugged into the BOG.