Re: 2" Bar FSL Tecsun PL-380 and CC Skywave Models

Gary DeBock

Hi Farmerik,

<<<    My question is have you given any thought or done any testing with those two vertical format DSP radios and the 'Baby FSL's' ?   >>>

The PL-360 uses the same Si4734 DSP chip as the PL-380, so all of the "Baby FSL's" developed for the PL-380 will work just as well in the PL-360 and GP5/SSB. I did some extensive experimentation in 2011 to design 7.5" plug-in MW and LW loopsticks for the PL-360 model (described in the article posted at http://www.mediafire.com/view/2cqwsqj0bvajf6k/7.5_inch-LS.doc ) so the mechanical aspects of how to attach the "Baby FSL's" to the PL-360 plug-in antenna frames are already well known. The question is whether there is enough time and interest to continue the current "Baby FSL" experimentation over into the PL-360 and GP5/SSB models.

By the way, Farmerik, back in 2011 you already purchased both a 7.5" Medium Wave and a 7.5" Longwave PL-360 plug-in loopstick from me, and both of these plug-in antennas have been used by other DXers to receive TA stations in locations as far west as Oklahoma. They would also both work very well in the GP5/SSB model.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

-----Original Message-----
To: ultralightdx
Sent: Tue, Feb 16, 2016 8:00 am
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: 2" Bar FSL Tecsun PL-380 and CC Skywave Models

As you may remember, I am not up to modifying these tiny radios myself so I use external antennas on the PL-360 and the similar format GP5/SSB. I believe they use different DSP chips, and of course the later has SSB and there for does not qualify as an official ULR.

My question is have you given any thought or done any testing with those two vertical format DSP radios and the 'Baby FSL's' ? - FARMERIK

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.