From: farmerik@... [ultralightdx]
To: ultralightdx
Sent: Mon, Jan 18, 2016 9:07 am
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: 3" FSL Tecsun PL-380 Construction Parts-- Availability Update

Tell me more about this 'Sensitivity Rating' please. For example, my toroid stack uses  3 inch coils over a 13.5 inch long stack. What would that rate? It has very sharp peaks when pointed exactly at a station, but does not null out completely other stations a few degrees off to the sides. I hear a much improved S/N exactly at one direction on the target station though. And compared to my short 500 foot BOG most all other weak  stations on a frequency disappear, since the short BOG is not terribly directional at most AM BCB frequencies I think. - FARMERIK