Re: Would anyone modify my pl 380 with the new antenna for a fee?

Rik

I can't help you, but have similar limitations. The PL-360 [and later versions which are not ULR's with SSB]  do allow you to connect an external loop to the radio without modifications. I just clip the leads from a multi coil Polydorof antenna to an 1/8th inch plug into the GP-5/SSB and the radio tunes the loop antenna. If easier, you may be able to make an air core antenna. I also use air wound Litz antenna coils from eBay which the radio tunes and they are very low noise. I expect a FSL would be better still, but it appears to be beyond my abilities to assemble. Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.- FARMERIK