From: 'Michael' michael.setaazul@... [ultralightdx]
To: ultralightdx <ultralightdx@...>
Sent: Fri, Dec 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Combine FSL and air core? FARMERIK

----- Original Message ----- From: farmerik
Subject : Combine FSL and air core?

Would you expect 4 sharp nulls and 4 sharp pickups?

Visualising the clover pattern of a combined antenna, I would expect softer nulls between
the clover leaves. Any slightly increased Q of the loop would be negated by increased intrusion
due to the ferrites of "unwanted" signals from lateral angles. As stated, due to the near-ideal
figure-of-8 pattern, of either a tuned high-Q loop or of an optimised tuned ferrite antenna
(eg Polydorff litz windings or similar) would be expected to deliver the best peaks and nulls.

Michael