Combine FSL and air core? FARMERIK

Rik

Has anyone experimented with adding only some ferrite rods to an air core loop to see what happens?

I am thinking there may be a compromise which makes sense. For example, what happen to the uH if I added ferrite inside  each corner of an air core box loop? Would that 'help' RF turn 90 degrees at the corners?

I am thinking there may be a practical  compromise with less ferrite than an FSL and less diameter than an air core.

I don't have any ferrite to experiment with, but maybe some one out there has the ferrite, an air core and an LC meter to see what happens. - FARMERIK