Re: Toroid Ferrite Loop Stick

Everett N4CY

It is s trial error process when using multi coils and with coils in parallel you will see a lower inductance than a single coil for the same frequency coverage. For coils in series the inductance will be about the same as a single coil.

If you want different slide on coils you can take 1/2" thick poly foam and glue it together into cylinders using hot melt glue. The glue melts the poly enough that it will bond the two ends together.

Everett N4CY

On Nov 9, 2015, at 4:52 PM, farmerik@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

As I try to read articles here, it looks like combining coils is not like combining speakers. It looks like the uH does not change the same way, and I see no obvious way to predict results at all. Is it entirely determined by experimenting and measuring uH with a meter? - FARMERIK