Re: Toroid Ferrite Loop Stick

Everett N4CY

I did not experiment with a pick up coil on the one using that 2" dia toroids. However, if you will look back at some on my past articles I have info on using a coupling transformer using binocular cores BN202-73 using, I think, a 36:1 ratio. This keeps you from loading the tuned circuit, thus keeping you from screwing up the Q.

Everett N4CY

On Nov 8, 2015, at 9:01 AM, farmerik@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

Another question about your [Eversharp's] new anteena wound on Toroids, have you experimented with a pick up coil, and if so what worked best to connect directly to a radio.

I guess the usual way is 3-5 turns to match 50 Ohms or so, but what ever number of turns works best.

-FARMERIK