Re: Getting the best sound out of an ultra portable

Steve Rowley <rowlsteve@...>

Sounds good to me Farmerik.  FYI, my tiny Tecsun PL-606 easily drives my passive mini speakers as mentioned.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM, farmerik@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

Radios with FM stereo often have tiny chip amps for the headphone jack with only a few mW/channel so you can't drive a passive speaker with those. The my older PL-310 seemed to work just fine driving a mono speaker, I think my PL-310 ET does too but I am not certain.

I have a pair of SONY SRS-38 amplified speakers. Each has its own amp and 4 AA cells and it does pretty well for stereo from headphone output jacks with tiny amps. I like those much better than a number of similar speakers I have tried.

-FARMERIK