Loopstick calculations anyone?!

Richard Jones

Geez, I drift away from engaging my RF brain for a few months and I forget everything. Cold months ahead plus the acquisition of an SDRPlay are getting the juices going again. Ok I've supercharged my radios and I have a remote tuned box loop but I want to acquire a Stormwise 28 inch ferrite rod to build a remote tuned ferrite antenna. Looks like If I use an existing 22-720 variable cap and wind 4mH of L I can get coverage from 100 to 500 or 600 kHz (more or less). I need to calculate how much Litz I need to buy and how many windings will get me in the ballpark for real time final tweaking. Any handy online calculators or hard won experience in the group? Thanks in advance!